Airport acting weird

A

Axanar

Hi Guys,

So I am at a family members for the holidays, and I am trying to connect to a wireless network that I have connected to in the past. However, I can no longer connect to the network in OSX. I have a partition with Windows on it which is able to connect fine to the network, so the wirless is setup and working properly. (It is set up with WPA and MAC filtering btw)

When I load up OSX, it shows the signal strength like it were connected. However, when you look deeper at the connection, it says something like "missing IP address, cannot connect", Also, network diagnostics re-prompts you for a password, but it prompts me for a WEP key when the router is using WPA? that is weird too hehe.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
its probably the router. if its a linksys then good luck because lots of people are having problems. try useing search and check for other posts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD
Hi Guys,

So I am at a family members for the holidays, and I am trying to connect to a wireless network that I have connected to in the past. However, I can no longer connect to the network in OSX. I have a partition with Windows on it which is able to connect fine to the network, so the wirless is setup and working properly. (It is set up with WPA and MAC filtering btw)

When I load up OSX, it shows the signal strength like it were connected. However, when you look deeper at the connection, it says something like "missing IP address, cannot connect", Also, network diagnostics re-prompts you for a password, but it prompts me for a WEP key when the router is using WPA? that is weird too hehe.

Thanks!

I have had that same thing happen to me at my girlfriends place. This is what I did to fix it. First problem she lives in a condo so there is 5 routers around and all of them are named the same.So of the them were secured but most were not. So change the name to something unique. If that doesn't work reset the router by pushing the little reset button and that should clear it up. You might want to just power it down for a min. and see if that cures it. I highly suggest making his a secure wireless access point. I can't belive my GF had hers just as free as a bird. She runs windows to I started laughing real bad and telling what someone could have done. She was like whatever. Shes the type that it doesn't matter until it doesn't work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.