I DELETED my entire iPhoto Library!!!

A

Audacity08

For some reason I was having a brain fog and thought that since I could "see" the images in iPhoto that I didn't need to file folders that were actually in th iPhoto folder.

So I deleted every single folder and emptied my trash can...

Is there any way to get my files back?

I know I was stupid to do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
If they were backed up that is the best way. I'm not sure if there is software to undelete files, but don't do any further saving to the drive until someone can answer that question. That type of software is sophisticated and will cost you real money.

A little searching found this and that.

Reaction score
For some reason I was having a brain fog and thought that since I could "see" the images in iPhoto that I didn't need to file folders that were actually in th iPhoto folder.

So I deleted every single folder and emptied my trash can...

Is there any way to get my files back?

I know I was stupid to do it.

You DID back up didn't you? If not check your trash can - if you did not empty it just restore the files. If that avenue is also closed.......count it as tuition. Sorry to hear that - know what you are going thru, I think most of us have done something similar to that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
Unless you backed up, consider it a lost cause

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.