hard case or sleeve for ibook

J

JonMarchant

Hi, I'm looking for a compact rigid case for a 12" ibook to protect it when put in a backpack. I'm not bothered
about extra room for accessories/papers etc, just a tough hard shell to protect the ibook from being accidentally
crushed and banged, but not too big it can't be slipped in a bag.

Something like the cases Proporta make for handhelds, only bigger of course! Example here:
www.proporta.com/detail.asp?id=211

Thanks! :)

Jon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
I'd also suggest that you purchase some sort of screen protector (many are made of leather or suede-like material) to place between the keyboard and LCD when transporting your iBook. Many people experiance scratching of the LCD, and I'd imagine there would be increased risk of that if you are transporting it in a backpack.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Marware has a neoprene protecter that I use for my powerbookb

OP
J

JonMarchant

Thanks everyone who replied, but I'm after something rugged and hard-sided that would resist
being crushed or bent, and a normal laptop sleeve wouldn't work.

trpnmonkey41, the Marware Sportfolio II ( www.marware.com/SportFolio_II.html ) is the perfect
size, but it doesn't say how strong the plastic shell inside is. Could you stand on it without
squashing your ibook? That's the kind of strength I'm after.

Pelican make a #1470 small computer case ( www.peli.com/cases.html ) that is strong
enough, but it's too big (full-sized notebook case size). If they made something
sleeve-sized it would be ideal, but alas.

It seems they're either strong but too big, or the right size but too soft! :rolleyes:

Thanks Padawan for the tip about screen protectors though :)

Jon

OP
L

lnetubaplyr

I hate to advertise for this company, as i ordered my case almost a month ago and still haven't got it, but shinza.com has a case call the Zero Shock, its made out of polyurithane (probably spelled that wrong), but its an awesome case, its hard to objects that touch it instantly and soft to items that have continued contact, ie: ibook. it works really really well, and as soon as i get my non defective one (stupid zipper) it should be really good.

Peace
Rob.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.