"Sims Complete Collection" Problemes

Reaction score
ok so here's the thing. i got sims complete collection for christmas. the guy at the mac store apparently said that i have to download a patch to use it on my mac because my computer uses a intel chip. i can't find the patch anywhere and without it i get the error that says...

The Path "The SIms Complete.localized:The Sims" contains a

slash (/), backslash (\), or period (.). Please remove the character from the appropriate Folder's name and try again.

Not really sure what to do next, so answers would be very helpfull. ThAnKs!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
ok so here's the thing. i got sims complete collection for christmas. the guy at the mac store apparently said that i have to download a patch to use it on my mac because my computer uses a intel chip. i can't find the patch anywhere and without it i get the error that says...

The Path "The SIms Complete.localized:The Sims" contains a

slash (/), backslash (\), or period (.). Please remove the character from the appropriate Folder's name and try again.

Not really sure what to do next, so answers would be very helpfull. ThAnKs!

Have you tried looking on www.aspyr.com for the patch? If you can't find it on there, create an account with them on their site and open up an inquiry about it. The people at aspyr.com are very helpful and always happy to assist you with problems. The account will also come in handy later for any other little problems you might run in to. One thing I should mention about The Sims Complete Edition is when you're Creating-A-Sim or changing their clothes, there is a massive trailing problem and it makes it rather difficult to see what you're picking out. It's a known graphics problem with that game that they're trying to fix but they haven't been able to create a patch yet. I've already asked about it and that's what they told me. Good luck and congrats on getting the game! It's a lot of fun, coming from a fellow Sim addict.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
ooh, good to know.

i was thinking about picking this up since the sims2 is kind of a pipe dream on a macbook. if you find anything out, let us know.

btw, what kind of mac do you have?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.