Software update question

Reaction score
Hi,

Happy Christmas!!

I don't want to be a party pooper today but I have a question about software updates... I want to install logic express and it says that it is recommended to update OSX to 10.4.3 whereas I am using OSX 10.4 (i don't think there's another number after the .4 cos thats how it's written when I click on "about this mac".

When I open up system update, it takes a very long time to finish the "checking for updates" stage. The loading bar doesn't even go past around 20% complete. So I always give up and close it.

Should I wait longer (how long does it take for you?), or is there a problem with my software??

Thanks for reading,

Jamie

M

MacHeadCase

Jamie, this might have to do because you don't let it check till the end. I always keep my system up to date so Software Update takes a really short time to scan. And if you really are at 10.4.3 you have one heckuva lot of updates to install.

If you don't want to wait for Software Update's scan go to Apple's website and click on the Support tab and look for the software updates you need. You would save time by installing a Combo update but take the time to check what are the requirements instead of installing a partial update which might screw up things even further.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
also, if you have firmware updates to do make sure to install them in order and follow instructions very carefully!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.