Memory usage problem

Reaction score
I have MacBook 2.0 gHz and 2gb RAM. I looked in my activity moniter and it showed that all but 660 MB of the RAM was in use. I only have Mail, a few Widgets (simple not complex), Safari, iClip 3 (not lite I payed for it), and Azureus open. How can this be possible? Does Tiger make use of all of the RAM at all times or is there something wrong.

Thanks

Also if there is a problem can you give me a link, or post a simple step by step guide how to fix this problem? Im really new to OS X (3 weeks new) and don't know how to do much yet...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Ok-
1. I don't know if you are saying that all your RAM is in use, or inactive. Some programs call it "in use" if it is anything other than "free". Think of it as sitting idle vs. off. Also, Azureus EATS ram. I can't think of a single program that wastes more resources. It is a horrible program. You might want to give a program called Transmission a try. It's a much lighter-weight torrent client with some similar options. I, as well as lots of other people like it alot better.

2. There is a cool (free) program called MenuMeters. It allows you to keep track of memory usage, processor usage, HD usage and last but not least, connection speeds.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.