CD Simulator

C

canadian_eh

I am looking for a program that'll let me copy a disc onto my computer, and mount it as a disc image or something. That way I can play a game without the need for the disc.
Anyone know of a program like that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Disk Utility does it

Reaction score
I've been woundering the same thing, but I can't find a way to do it in disk utility. Maybe its some copy protection on my disk?

OP
C

canadian_eh

Yeah, sometimes CDs won't let you copy the files off of them.
I've managed to get around that sometimes, but it seems to be working for Diablo II.
i've always wondered what you use to make disk images, someone had told that you use Stuffit, but I was skeptical of that.
Thanks for the help trpnmonkey41, and good luck with the permissions thing bluesmudge.

Reaction score
You can do it with Disk Utility or Toast. Note, some games wont play from an image without a hack/patch. They check the hardware for an actual disk in the drive.

OP
C

canadian_eh

Well, I just dug out the disk, and it has snapped right in half.
Guess I'm going to have to buy it again, unless I can download the media somewhere.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.