Purchasing the 24 inch Imac, I have few ?

Reaction score
Hello,

In the next 2 weeks I will be getting A 24 inch imac, with 2 gb ram, 250gb hd, upgraded video card. The computer will primarily be used for photoshop, quark etc. However, i was wondering whether I can it to play hd video games (XBOX 360) or whether I could use it to watch hdtv (i already have a hd cable box). Is this at all possible? Do I need to purchase anything else to make it possible? Any advice greatly appreciated...
thank you and happy holidays
-k

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
There is no HD inputs in the iMac and there are currently no external tuners that accept HD inputs. You can get units that allow you receive over the air HD but since you already have HD through your cable provider it would do you no good

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. I will probably by the eyetv system but am waiting to check out the apple itv as well...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24inch iMac
Good luck krizzlec! I know I love mine.
Can you please report back on how you like your TV card? I was thinking about getting one. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.