Memory Upgrade Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
I currently own a 1.5ghz Powerbook with 1gb of RAM. I just sold a broken monochrome iPod for 50 bucks and was going to put that money towards the cost of another gig stick of RAM. I was wondering if you guys thought it would be beneficial to do this, or if I should save my money. I mostly use my computer to browse the internet, play poker/scrabble, edit photos w/ pshop, listen to music, and some illustrator, sound studio, and golive use. So do you think I would notice a huge difference in performance, or is there something else I should do instead? TIA, Ste

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Photoshop and Illustrator do tend to eat up your RAM, but only if you are really a heavy user of those apps. If it is more of an occasional use, then I wouldn't really see the need to up the RAM.

OP
ste6168
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
Photoshop and Illustrator do tend to eat up your RAM, but only if you are really a heavy user of those apps. If it is more of an occasional use, then I wouldn't really see the need to up the RAM.

Yeah, well I use photoshop on a regular basis, but I dont really do anything major, most of the time just lightening or darkening, changing colors, easy stuff like that. Illustrator I use sometimes, but not nearly everyday like pshop. Would there be a major improvment or no? If not, is there anything else you would reccomend upgrading in the computer?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.