MIME type?

Reaction score
hey there. i purchased an imac less than 2 weeks ago and i'm having a slight problem. i went to a music site and tried to play a song, and this message pops up:
The page “Detecting your Computer Configuration ...” has content of MIME type “audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin”. Because you don’t have a plug-in installed for this MIME type, this content can’t be displayed.
they have two music player options to choose from: real player and windows media. i really don't want real player, so i downloaded flip4mac for the windows media player, but i'm not sure that helps? can someone please help this newbie out? thanks in advance. btw, if this was already covered, i apologize. i'm really new to mac since i've been a windows user for some 7 odd years.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
if flip4mac is up and runnign when you click window media it should work. the error message you are getting is that it is looking for real player.

OP
F
Reaction score
if flip4mac is up and runnign when you click window media it should work. the error message you are getting is that it is looking for real player.

well, these are the options it gives me:
picture1pc0.png

when i select windows media, this message pops up:
Are you sure you want to use this media player? As the version cannot be detect, the media player might not work. If there are problems, try by interchanging the players vis-a-vis RealPlayer or Windows Media Player.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.