G4 Cube

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
What is the upgradeability of a G4 Cube? I was looking at them on Ebay and I found them for cheap , but I don't want to buy them if they are lacking in the upgrade dept. I already have a beige G3, so should which one is more upgradeable, the cube or the G3?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
i just got a cube! the G3 would be more upgradable, because of its larger size. the cubes small size limitation means that a faster processor requires a fan, and wiring the fan, and the video cards can't be full sized, and there's only one 120 gb limit hard drive bay....many more reasons

OP
KB3GZW
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
I could also get a g4 tower to upgrade with alot more room inside to put stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
g4 towers are pretty nice. i used one before and a recommend it. get either the g3 tower or the g4 tower.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 12" 1.5GHz
I would go for a PowerMac G4. It's still pretty fast in OSX, and it's very upgradeable...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
I'd get a g4 tower if your main concern is upgradability. The cubes were cute though and quiet. You can upgrade the video card, HD, RAM and processor of the cube, but that is about it. no PCI slots, so no USB2 or ATA133 or SATA or FW800 or SCSI or....

Gav

Reaction score
G4 Tower - Nice little system which is very easy to upgrade, just pull the handle at the side and bobs your uncle, the entire computer is avaialble for tampering! I had never used Mac hardware before, but upgrading my G4s Memory & Hard Drive & Optical Drive was the easiest thing ever!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.