Quick Question About Cable

Reaction score
Again, like most of my threads, I'm not sure this is the correct location, I am never really sure where to put the questions I have.

I just have one important question and a not so important question.

How long is the Mini-DVI to DVI cable that Apple makes? In all the pictures I see of it, it looks really short, and I was wondering if anyone knew the length of the cable. And if it is shorter that 3 feet, would it be cheaper to buy the Apple Mini-DVI to DVI cable and an extender or a different brand Mini-DVI to DVI adapter? and is a different brand bad to use with the computer?

And, Is the cable the standard DVI connector? I have an RCA 52" rear projection big screen, and it just has the input labeled "DVI" and I am not completely sure it will work.

One more that I really want to know...

Is the graphics card in the Macbook powerful enough look good once displayed on the really large tv?

It wouldn't be very useful to have a really big monitor if it looks bad.

Thanks for all of your help.

matt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
Again, like most of my threads, I'm not sure this is the correct location, I am never really sure where to put the questions I have.

I just have one important question and a not so important question.

How long is the Mini-DVI to DVI cable that Apple makes? In all the pictures I see of it, it looks really short, and I was wondering if anyone knew the length of the cable. And if it is shorter that 3 feet, would it be cheaper to buy the Apple Mini-DVI to DVI cable and an extender or a different brand Mini-DVI to DVI adapter? and is a different brand bad to use with the computer?

And, Is the cable the standard DVI connector? I have an RCA 52" rear projection big screen, and it just has the input labeled "DVI" and I am not completely sure it will work.

One more that I really want to know...

Is the graphics card in the Macbook powerful enough look good once displayed on the really large tv?

It wouldn't be very useful to have a really big monitor if it looks bad.

Thanks for all of your help.

matt

HI

apple one is not a cable, its an adapter. and its short, about 4 inches.
yes its a standard DVI, so should work with any DVI.

TV resolution never goes higher than 1300 px horizontal (no matter ** big the screen is), macbook can output 1900 px. so there will be no problem with that.

OP
M
Reaction score
Adapter

Is there a generic adapter I could buy for a lower cost or is Apple the only maker? I have searched many places but that is the only one I come accross. If it is the only one is there anywhere that it is more affordable? And is there a way to get a Female DVI to Male DVI cable for around the same price as NewEgg? I am not really able to buy things online, and I am not patient enough to wait for it to ship. Do you recomend a place that sells DVI cables for low prices?

Thanks for all of your help and patience with me, a mac noob. lol

matt

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.