Mactheripper/handbrake burning issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I bought a DVD from my local blockbuster and I am havin a HECK of a time burning this dvd.. When I try with handbrake it just wont work. It will start then 5 minutes later say its done but its not.. when i open the file its incomplete. I try to use Mactheripper and it gets stuck at 678mbs and says this file has bad sectors.. I tried to search this forum for an answer but no luck yet. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
This is due to a form of encryption on the DVD itself. I've run across a few of them. Supposedly you can use DVD2OneX to remove the sectors as they don't contain any video, but I have not tried it yet.

Search at the Handbrake Forums for more info.

OP
KoDorSean
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
This is due to a form of encryption on the DVD itself. I've run across a few of them. Supposedly you can use DVD2OneX to remove the sectors as they don't contain any video, but I have not tried it yet.

Search at the Handbrake Forums for more info.

its drivin me bonkers man.. thanks for the suggestions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
hey man, did you get over the "bad sectors" issue? I'm facing the same problemas right now..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
What version of Mactheripper are you using? If you are on 2.6.6 you may need to upgrade to the new beta. I used to have some similar problems and switching to the beta helped significantly (especially with the new James Bond movie)

You can also check out http://www.ripdifferent.com/phpbb2/index.php...they might be able to help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
[EDIT] did not know about the new copyright rules.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.