home for xmas

Reaction score
im home for christmas and im trying to connect to my wireless network. its got windows computers connected hardwired and wireless (this one) but can't seem to connect my wireless macbook.

Network is WPA.

says 'there was an error joining the airport network "name".'

any ideas? cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Do you have the WPA password? Is MAC addressing enabled on the network?

OP
J
Reaction score
yes, i have the WPA password, and it is correct. i also have access to the router page (from a different computer, not the mac).

I can connect to the network through ethernet.

mac address is off, should it be on?

when mac address is on, am i right in saying you have to add every computers mac address to the router to allow them onto the network?

OP
J
Reaction score
when mac address filtering is on, i added the macbook machine to the list and it still came back with the error, problem connecting to wireless network 'name'.

(i am still connected hard wired, really need wireless though).

Reaction score
Question......is it a DSL or Cable modem? If it is cable, i had to go into the router and clone the mac address to get mulitple computers to work on it. BTW, I have Comcast Cable Modem.

OP
J
Reaction score
Im on BT internet, (UK) with a belkin wireless router. , that okay
? or am i on the wrong line?

Question......is it a DSL or Cable modem? If it is cable, i had to go into the router and clone the mac address to get mulitple computers to work on it. BTW, I have Comcast Cable Modem.

Reaction score
Make sure you have the correct WEP security selected when you put in the password. ie. Hex ASCII
That sort of thing.

OP
J
Reaction score
Network is WPA.

so am i right in thinkning there is only one option, WPA, not WPA hex etc? I thought that was just WEP

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.