MacBook with 2 external monitors??

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying the Macbook and I will definitely need the use of atleast one external monitor as I want to run a home music studio from it.
I'm not hopeful, but has any genius worked out how to connect 2 external monitors? THat would be the ultimate solution for my home studio instead of using a 13" and a 20" screen in tandem... a bit uneven!

Cheers
Luts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
i think you can only use one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Yes, you can only connect one external monitor to a MacBook.

Reaction score
Realistically, you can only have one external monitor.

There are crappy adapters that let you run another monitor off a USB port, but they don't work well at all.

Reaction score
Dual external monitors.

Yes you can use two dual external monitors with a macbook. However you have to buy a mini dvi to dvi splitter which are not cheap. I dont know exactly how much they are now but I know Gefen makes one and its about 200 dollars I believe. Heres the catch, a macbook does not have a massive video card, so the quality will be next to terrible, but yes it is possible. If you still decided to do it I would say no bigger than dual 15 inch monitors, certainly not 2 30" monitors, I wouldnt even recommend one 30 inch monitor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" C2D 2gRam, 8g iPhone
what about the matrox splitters? only for windows?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.