buying a domain name?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
So i am thinking about buy a domain name just o have for me as a web page something simple that maybe has information and a resume etc... what do you think also do i use my full name as the domain name?

Reaction score
So i am thinking about buy a domain name just o have for me as a web page something simple that maybe has information and a resume etc... what do you think also do i use my full name as the domain name?

If you think you'll use it, go for it. Domains are cheap, but remember you'll also need to pay for hosting, which is also pretty cheap.

As far as using your full name as the domain name, that is up to you. I know one guy that got his last name as the domain, then made a subdomain with his first name so the address was like http://John.Smith.com.

Reaction score
hotskate.com?

Sure. Ooops...reigster.com says it's not available!
gripe.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Reaction score
I just bought a domain from GoDaddy and it was really cheap! I'm only paying about $11 Canadian ($9.95 or something US) a year. Now i need to find a good web hosting plan. I actually found http://www.ixwebhosting.com/index.php/v2/pages.dspmain to be the best web hosting on the whole internet. It's only $3.95 a month for 2 Domains, 100GB web space, 1 FREE Domain Registration, 1000GB File Transfer, and 100 sub-domains, and all the other basic things like ftp, email addresses, and free site builder. So basically your getting a domain and web hosting for $3.95 a month (I think...). Check it out and good luck on your website.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
It's on a sliding scale, and the $3.95/month is only if you sign up for 24 months in advance and pay the whole thing. Still not a bad deal though. You need to watch for quality of service, downtime and so on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.