White screen after uninstalling windows!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.16Ghz Intel Duo Core 2
Since i uninstalled the windows partition using boot camp I always get a white screen for about 10-15 secs every time I power up my iMac. Then the the computer just comes to life as normal....anybody any ideas what is wrong??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
does it really matter that much its only 10-15 seconds. how often do you restart you know you can leave it on 24/7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
ohh btw mine does that and i havent ever used bootcamp

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
not sure if the windows partition has anything to do with the delay, but you could try clearing your caches using something like onyx, and see if startup speeds up.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Boot into OSX. Open System Preferences. Click on Startup Disk. Be sure to click on the Mac OSX Partition. There will be a Network boot there also. It may then ask you to reboot in OSX. See if it's then back to normal. I get a white screen but for 1-2 seconds on my Core Duo Mini.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i agree with eric, that might help. also try a repair permissions and see if that catches anything....you just played with a large portion of your HD so maybe it will take a few restarts to get everything all set.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.