.sit file?

ARC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz 200gb macbook pro, 13" macbook
hey guys, just got a question. i went to the apple site to download the image editor for raw style pics and i downloaded the file and its a .sit file. i was readin around and came across some people saying it should of been already on tiger. but they said somethin like stuffit or something to get it. can anyone clear this up for me?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
.SIT is a StuffIt file.. You need to download StuffIt Expander to open/extract this file.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Haha, looks like we all replied near the same time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
haha yeah i was thinking the same thing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'd also recommend using the search function in the future. This question has been answered many times and you would have found an answer quickly.

OP
ARC

ARC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz 200gb macbook pro, 13" macbook
lol whoa that was some replys, thanks for the info guys

Reaction score
Install Stuffit?

I'm new at this and am having a problem installing the free Stuffit application. When I click the .dmg file, an installer window pops up, telling me to drag the icon to the Applications folder. When I do, I get an error that says "this is a folder and not a file" and doesn't install.

What's going on? Am I missing something?

M

MacHeadCase

Sounds like you're trying to drop into the Applications folder the .dmg itself? It's been a long time since I installed Stuffit so I really can't remember what the procedure looked like but I would think it was a real bona fide installer that would do the whole installation for you.

Anyway, in case I remember all wrong, in the .dmg you should see an icon for Stuffit. That's what you have to drag and drop in the Applications folder, not the whole .dmg itself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.