Tiger question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, ipod nano, ipod video and a whole lotta love
I just bought a computer, tiger was pre-installed and also came with the Tiger disks. I installed my programs I wanted, loaded my music etc...but realized that programs like iphoto, imovie and some others were not on it? Any reason? Also how could I get them back on without totally re-installing the software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
What computer do you have? Where did you get it from? Are the discs the restore/install discs for that computer or are they a retail version of Tiger?

A retail version of Tiger is the OS only. It will not include the iLife apps. If the discs are a set of restore/install discs, then it is possible that the iLife apps are included on a seperate disc. Check to make sure that one of the discs isn't labeled as such.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
when did they unbundle the ilife from osx?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
when did they unbundle the ilife from osx?
iLife has never been a part of OS X. It has been included with machines purchased from Apple for some time now, but it is not a part of the OS. This is why it is sold seperately. If you simply buy a retail version of Tiger then you get the OS only.

Applications Included with Tiger In the Box
Address Book 4
Automator
Calculator 4
Chess
Dashboard
Dictionary
DVD Player 4.5
Font Book 2
iCal 2
iChat AV 3
Image Capture 3
Internet Connect
iSync 2
iTunes 4.7.1
Mail 2
Preview 3
QuickTime 7 Player
Safari 2
Sherlock
Stickies
System Preferences
TextEdit

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.