Skype 2.0 for Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
For those that may not be aware, Skype has released v2.0.0.6 for Mac. This version supports video on Skype, which is great. I have tried this out for video calling betweem family members on PCs and myself on my Mac, and it works great. So, if you have an iSight camera and friends/family you want to video call from your Mac, give this a try. It seems to work quite well. Visit www.skype.com to pick it up.

As always, when I endorse a commercial product (this one is free by the way, so don't worry about that), I need to point out that I am not in any way affiliated with Skype, just a happy customer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
there's also the new beta version, recently added, which now supports SMS. I've been using the previous beta version of skype, which was pretty solid for the few times I used it.

Gotta test these out, because I'm pretty wary about using beta stuff. Thanks for the heads up :D

Reaction score
Too bad Skype is cutting the "Free Calls to US and Canada" at the end of the year. So December 31st will be the last day for free calls. But after that, it's going to be dirt cheap. Only $15/year.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.