Why did ya'll switch to mac??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5
I am switching to mac mainly because I do alot of audio work and the windows software out there is crap and you need to buy a ton of add on hardware to do anything with it.

S

StarManta

Because it was required for the first program I was enrolled in. Now I have a $2000 paperweight... just kidding. It actually works just fine in computer science as well as graphic design. Xcode rocks. :)

T

TylerMoney

I bought my mac because that's what I do all my work in my classes with. I'm in graphic design...so yeah..macs the way to go....also because for laptops..they've just got the best out there. And because panther amazed me.

K

kjellquist

I bought a Mac because I was sick and tired of rebooting Windoze...the more I use OSX the more I hate Windoze

S

s3pt1k

Battery life, ease of use.

Battery life is double that of my friends' PC laptops

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 MBP, 2GB, 7200 100GB disk | Dual 2Ghz G5, 1.5Gb RAM, 20" cinema | 15" 1.25 PB / 4Gb iPod Nano
Battery life (First switch was the laptop), stability, design, unix underlay, security...

M

Mac-Gyver

Hi.
I havent switched yet, but i can tell u all im gonna switch within the next months for 2 main reasons.
1 - Ive heard so much good about MSC + OSX wich makes me wanna switch
2 - I just loooove how OSX looks and the dsign on the iBooks...

M

msSwitch

I made the switch a few weeks ago. Initially, I fell in love with the titanium powerbook's good looks - sleek, sliver, sexy... I'm big on visuals. When I saw a friend's up close I thought... "wow!" After using the Mac OS X system for just a day or two I was sold. I absolutely love the simplicity of installing programs: drag and drop. Uninstalling? drag and drop into the trash. No more .DLLs, no more incompatibilities, no more uninstalling and reinstalling from "control panel/add/remove programs...

Oh, and being the big digitial photo taker that I am, I was blown away by the included bundle of iLife '04. I'm a video editing junkie now... I've called up friends and family members and offered to burn their home movies to DVD just to be able to play around with iDVD and iMovie more extensively. I never needed a driver or software installation when I hooked up my camera, my bluetooth mouse, my iSight, none of my peripherals... just plug it in, and it works. So sweet! iPod? Works like a dream. I can't imagine ever going back to Windoze again.

Now I see what all the fuss is about.

M

msSwitch

Texasmeat said:
I am switching to mac mainly because I do alot of audio work and the windows software out there is crap and you need to buy a ton of add on hardware to do anything with it.

And let me also say that Airport Extreme works incredibly well. My IBM Thinkpad with Linksys aircard could barely keep me online one flight up from my basement to my first floor. With my Airport Exteme and Powerbook, I'm sitting here in my bedroom on the second floor with a full signal from my router down in the basement. At work, in a huge NYC office building, I constantly pick up wireless networks from several floors above me. Amazing...

H

hokiethang

Unix environment was the thing that caused me to spend the money on a mac. I do a lot of work in unix and being able to run it natively on my machine has made life at work and in class SO much easier.

B

bamon

i haven't switched yet also, but i am going to because i tried an ibook yesterday and it's JUST AWSOME !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
Why Macs rule

I switched to a Mac because Windows crashed every time I used it. I don't think Windows likes me. :rolleyes:

My Mac, on the other hand is awesome! When I go back home and am 'forced' to use a PC, I always miss my Mac because it's soooo much cooler, and it listens to me! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
4 main reasons I swtiched:
1) Final Cut Pro
2) SoundTrack
3) Reason
4) Having the PowerBook support all of them at once.. hahaha.

and the looks of the PowerBook don't hurt either. :)

M

marx7

the switch

I switched because I want to be a "serious" multimedia author.

WindowsXP (Extra Problems)

A

AdamJay

i use alot of audio/midi peripherals (firewire,usb) and there seemed to ALWAYS be PC issues and never Mac issues. Also, lost my old desktop to virus warfare, my girlfriend was getting bombarded with spyware, even within high security. We both switched to Mac and life is now much less stressful. Kept one of the PC's for games and to control our wireless router, but i dont think its been turned on in a month.

oh yea and chicks dig macs.

F

Fomer

1. No Blue Screen of Death
2. No Reformatting
3. No Crashing
4. No Virus's
5. No Bill Gates... ok that was a joke
6. Mac Community (more specific.... here)
7. Ilife
8. Hatred of Windows programs
9. Wasn't a gamer..... funny thing is now I have billions of Roms.... (oops legal of course :)) and tons of mac games.
10. It felt right having the company make your Hardware and your Os.... call my crazy.
11. I always hated the taskbar on windows
12. I am vain and mac's are all about the looks... thanks God they back up with preformance, too!
13. Wanted a Laptop.... researched saw tons of reviewers I trust praising the Powerbook looked into it 5 minutes later I was begging for money from anyone who'd listen!

S

Stevejac

my reasons won't impress you...

I don't dislike windows. XP is solid as a rock in my experience. Nor do I see any significant advantage to OS X at this time.

What I wanted was a small, cheap laptop. I didn't need a high powered machine. The 12" iBook fits the bill. I admit that it has 'style' and I do respond to that a bit. I really like the longer battery life than the gateway xp notebook we've got.

W

WilliS

i switched because i was really into computers while in junior high...i built pc's with all the money i made from summer jobs... but there was just one thing about pc's that drove me crazy... the fact that no matter what version of windows i used, new or old, it always had problems...... and although all my computer friends were pc users along with myself, i was the only one who wouldnt talk bad about things i had no idea about.

then one day i was given the assignment of making my schools website... and what a perfect reason to tell my parents "hey mom and dad... the only way to do this efficiently is to get an iBook...that way i could bring my work to and from school... and macs are untouchable at graphic design" hehehehe i win! =)... of course i had to pay for it...but here it is beside my g5...3 years later...never had a problem with either of them...

finally, one of my nerd friends are converting :)

once you go mac, you never go back!

*edit*
oh right..i forgot... pc still looks the same...the only way you can tell the difference in a pc from 1985... and 2004...is the fact that the off white paint is now yellowish... or turn it on..

macs are purdy!.... where is the law written that computers cant be functional and good looking!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.