Cleaning

Reaction score
Just wondering, how do you all clean your laptops, i ahve got screen wipes, and use them to clean the keys and that, but on a few keys,i have some very tiny black dots, that i can feel, but wont come off. may sound stupid and petty, but they really annoy me.
cheers

Reaction score
Try mr clean magic erasers. They work great, and as far as I know dont do any harm to the macbook pro.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, anyone confirm they dont mess anything up? Or any solutions, a few keys are generally dirty, but wont come clean. I am getting a thing to cover my keys, but still, i want it to look good, for when i sell it. Thanks again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
there are multiple threads on this issue.....please search before you post.....pledge multisurface wipes work good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
I use iKlear, or alcohol wipes(not on the paint). ikear is used by NASA in space!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 12" 1.5GHz
For the screen I like to mix a 50/50 alcohol/water solution and wipe the screen with a clean, lintless cloth and let it dry by itself. On the other parts I have used 409, Windex, and a few other cleaners and no damage so far...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.
i've been windexing my 12" pbook display for 1.5 yr half - spray on a piece of paper towel and just wipe the screen diagonally - although most manufacturers dont recommend it.. or i just use warm water on paper towel and wipe the screen and the alumin. case..

DO NOT USE ANY SOLVENTS / AMMONIA based products on the case.. it'll wear down the clear coat on the alum. case and it'll eventually rust / oxidize..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.