Running Macbook with Display Closed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
I was observing the design of a macbook and when the screen is closed it looks like the rear vents rea open to allow heat to flow out the back of the computer. It also looks as though the screen closes off the top part of the vent where heat normally flows out when the display is open, forcing the heat to go out the back. Now, I haven't done it yet, but has anyone run their macbooks with their displays closed and not harmed their computers in any way? I'd assume it shouldn't because it's right in the manual that you can run the computer with the display closed.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
no it wont hurt it. either way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I do it all the time, for hours or even days at a time. The Macbook vents perfectly out the back.

Good luck!

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
Thanks, thats what I figured.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.