MBP Keyboard doenst work in XP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15'' MacBook Pro, 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo, 1.5 GB Ram
Alright, so I have installed Windows XP with BootCamp and everything works, including Bluetooth and the iSight camera, but my built-in keyboard is completely non-responsive. The support guy with Apple had never heard of the problem. I've burned the driver disc twice, just to make sure it wasnt a problem there. Anyone have any ideas to help me fix this problem???

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nope, nothing is plugged in except for the power cable, and I've done it both with and without the power cable.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yep, I just bought the OEM Windows XP today and even asked the sales rep at the store to make sure that it had SP2.

Reaction score
Strange one!

I've looked around and have found some other instances of the keyboard not being recognised after or during the installation of XP via Boot Camp but there isn't any fix at this stage, but I'm still searching...

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh, I REALLY appreciate it! This is beyond anything I'm capable of fixing.

Reaction score
Oh, I REALLY appreciate it! This is beyond anything I'm capable of fixing.

Does the OEM disk have FULL-COLOR, edge-to-edge Microsoft holograms?

These holograms will NOT be printed on top of the disk. They will be put in the disk as part of the manufacturing process.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, the front is covered in holograms. Says on the front "Includes Service Pack 2 Version 2002 Windows XP Home Edition"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.