GarageBand Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
I play the electric guitar(try to anyway...lol). How would I get the sounds from what I am playing onto my Macbook? Is there a cable I have to buy? Do I just use a Mic?

I have this idea for a song in my head and I want to kind of get it down.

I actually haven't gotten my Macbook yet...I am getting it for Christmas...

OP
plusfortyfour
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
I forgot to ask this and I don't want to make another thread....

The Macbook will be able to connect to my wireless network out of the box, right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
As far as GarageBand goes.. I beleive the MBP's have a "line in" port or something similar.. I know on my Powerbook.. when I try to plug my guitar/bass directly into the line in, it doesn't record anything, and all my settings are okay.

The wireless should work for you out of the box. You might need to make some changes to the settings, depending on how your wireless network is setup (WEP/WPA keys, etc).

Reaction score
Not sure about the hardware end of the MacBook, but software end, I do know: Open up garage Band, create a "Real Instrument" track, select it, and hit "Record." Tried this with a radio once, and it seemed to work perfectly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.