Dissapointed in the keyboard

Reaction score
ANyone else having issues with the keyboard on the macbook? I find it to be quite annoying, makes my finger pads hurt and i find that i am making many more spelling errors because of missed keys. I just dont feel comfortable typing on it.... and considering i bought the notebook because i need it for school (lots of papers) I can say im a bit dissapointed.

Otherwise i love my new macbook.... just wish it had a normal keypad.

Am i the only one having this issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
do you need to carry the macbook around or you are only using it in your room? it you don't need it to be portable you can get an apple keyboard with it. i have a macbook but i am also using the apple keyboard just because i dont want to make the keyboard of the macbook dirty.

OP
E
Reaction score
I already have a desktop computer. I bought this to bring to school to use in class and to do my assignement (since i usually study in coffee shops or at school). I hope i get used to the keyboard. *shrug*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Did you not try it out before you bought it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
It does take getting used to. It took me a little while to get used to the spaces.

Reaction score
The wife and I love it. The keyboard was love at first touch. Then again my current standard for a laptop keyboard is the one on a Dell D600. Talk about cheap.

Pretty comparable to the keyboard on an HP pavilion 7000, in my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
It takes a while to get used to, but after getting used to it, I've even found it to even be more comfortable than my full sized apple keyboard..

There's something about the ease with which keys can be pressed that lets you just fly over them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
keyboard

hey man

those keys are spaced out man

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I admit the keyboard takes some getting used to, but I really like it. Now I make typos on my iBook. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
IMHO two keyboards from the same manufacturer are going to have a small getting used to curve...just stick with it for a while and youll be fine on it
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
My last laptop before the macbook was a Thinkpad, which are famous for having arguably the best laptop keyboards in the world, so I was a little worried. While the feel is certainly different, it doesn't generally cause me a problem although it definitely feels more like a 'laptop' keyboard that the thinkpad one (full size, full travel keys on a laptop are lovely).

Stick with it - it is a nice keyboard but the style is strange if you're not used to it. The thing that catches me more than anything, being a software developer and working with Windows/Linux boxes at work, is the placement of various keys like \ and `. And what is this symbol §, anyway!?

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Not only was I making more typos than normal, but the keyboard made my wrists hurt. I thought I would never get used to it, but after a few weeks I did. Now I can't stand any keyboard other than my macbook's. I also have a PC desktop at home that I occasionally use, and when I'm using that keyboard it feels so foreign and "wrong" to me! lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
I agree wtih some of the above posts..there is a slight adoption curve to be had with the new style keyboard. After writing TONS of papers on it for school, I can tell you with some certainty that it just a matter of time before you get used to it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.