Back up to disc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Just goes to show that search can not solve all problems as I have tried both google and forum search.

I have 255gb of smaller files on my computer... I would some program that will break it up for me and burn them to a series of discs... all i can find are programs that go to hard drives and I don't feel like spending the money on a hard drive that might as well just break on me. Does anybody have suggestions.. a program? an automator script? etc?

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok awesome thanks, I am going to run out to the apple store now and buy it.

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok... so the apple store at short hills does not sell toast... i will have to come up with another way at some point.

Reaction score
Does it have to be for a Mac?

Someone asked this question:

I have 3 DVD-Rs containing 300,000 files and I need to split them up into CDs for easier access. I want to split the files into chunks of around 650 MB size, but I do not want to split the individual files. They should be self-contained CDs with a subset of the data, not requiring an index CD ala Easy CD Creator large compilation technique. What W2K utilities would anyone recommend, preferably free, to accomplish this?

And the recommendation that worked for them was this app:

http://bttb.sourceforge.net/

It's only for Windows and only works for CD"S and I'm unsure if it's any better than Nero.

Re: Toast 7 http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/dual_layer_media_gary.html

Toast 7 has a spanning feature that will let you burn large amounts of data across multiple discs. For example, you could burn 18 gigabytes of data across three dual layer DVDs (Figure 10). It can also compress the data in order to fit more content on the disc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I'd recommend buying Toast online.. I hate going into the stores right now. :)

I bought my copy at newegg.com, but it's sold pretty much everywhere.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.