Vista Drive Read Only?

O

oneup

Hey everyone. I was just wondering how to go about making my windows vista drive read/write under macosx so that I can edit files in that partition while in macosx. I'm on a macbook pro. Thanks a lot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
You could use parallels and just run windows in osx and drag stuff between them.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
can you format the "c:" drive as fat32 under vista or will it only accept ntfs (or is it something new entirely?).

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I am sure your Vista drive is NTFS. At the present time NO OS can write to an NTFS Partition except NT, 2K, XP and now Vista. If it was FAT32 then you could do both read and write. I too am not sure if Vista will support FAT32, but I will check later as I have RC2 installed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.