LimeWire?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
Do you have LimeWire on your mac? if you are using a different program which one?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
no file sharing for me (well, other than usenet...).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
If I can't find it anywhere else...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
seeing as that 90% of the stuff on limewire is illegal to download I stay away from P2P programs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I prefer Bittorrenting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
seeing as that 90% of the stuff on limewire is illegal to download I stay away from P2P programs.

my thoughts exactly ;) I suppose it's somewhat 'safer' on macs, but not something I'm going to get into anyway. I have my selected, trusted sites for freeware apps. Anything else I probably won't be storing very long.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
weird, the posts seem mostly negative, but at this point i'm still the solitary "no"...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G4 800MHz, 12" Powerbook G4 1.33 GHz, iPod 40GB
If I can't find it anywhere else...

Most of the stuff I get from Limewire is music I grew up with (in Europe) and is not available through iTunes... Ask me again after iTunes lets me buy from other country's site(s).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Most of the stuff I get from Limewire is music I grew up with (in Europe) and is not available through iTunes... Ask me again after iTunes lets me buy from other country's site(s).

that's the one thing that bugs me about iTunes music store. To me, the whole point of an online store would be the ability to purchase items you cannot obtain from local stores. It's not about convenience - it should be about global access. There's little point otherwise, except to save yourself petrol or exercise, getting up and going out the door.

Anything I can get from the iTunes music store, I can also get from a 10 minute walk to my local hi-fi store. Heck, they even have a good range of imported music there, so there's actually more on offer than online.

OP
hotskate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
Very interesting ! thanks guys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33GHz Intel C2D 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120GB SATA 2GB SDRAM
I use Acquisition on my mac and Limewire on my custom built desktop PC at the house.

dtownley.. convenience is a broad characteristic and would include global access. Aren't they supposedly trying to broaden that?

I've found it a bit of a pain to get some underground/indie rock.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.