Is there a way I can clean/polish my 15in PB screen?

S

StealthMode

I'd like to know if there is a way I can polish out/clean off the marks from my keyboard on my screen. I have the Ti PB 15in. I saw some LCD polish at a website (I forget the name, but it's the one that has RAM for PB's and other stuff) So any suggestions on how to get these marks out? They don't look like they're deep scratches or anything, mostly scuff marks or smudges.. Anyway, any help would be great! :) Thanx

Stealth -

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
http://www.marware.com/keyboardcovers.html

I use that whenever I close my screen to prevent it.

When I first noticed the marks I just took a soft cloth and rubbed the area. They went away pretty easily and the cover protects the screen really well

OP
S

StealthMode

Mine doesn't go away that easily, is there a specific cloth to use or something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
i just used the cloth that came with my oakleys. I also left my screen open for a few days while i was at home so that helped them to

OP
S

StealthMode

Do the new PB's have a different screen? My buddy has 17in Aluminum PB and the screen is alot shinier, and her doesn't seem to have a problem with the screen touching the screen either.
Is there a specific glass cleaner that I should use on my screen? A guy I work with let me use his eye glass cleaner and all that seems to do was smear.

Stealth -

OP
H

hokiethang

StealthMode said:
Do the new PB's have a different screen? My buddy has 17in Aluminum PB and the screen is alot shinier, and her doesn't seem to have a problem with the screen touching the screen either.
Is there a specific glass cleaner that I should use on my screen? A guy I work with let me use his eye glass cleaner and all that seems to do was smear.

Stealth -

There is some stuff that apple sells which is called iKlear. I have used it on my powerbook for a couple of months and it works great. It is also versatile enough to use on the case of the laptop and screen. I have also used it on a number of my other apple toys :-D.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.