Random Email

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, MacBook Pro
Another switcher software request - I''m still using my Windows email software (The Bat) under OS X via Parallels because I haven't found a replacement that does everything I need. One of the features I really want is the ability to do random signatures on the end of my messages (and I need the sig added at the editing stage, not tagged on as it sends). I've found a few that do random sigs (MailSmith, Thunderbird w/plugins), but none that I really liked. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I know that you say that you don't like Thunderbird, but in my opinion, it is the best email client out there. I would strongly encourage its use. I have used it now for two years or so, under Windows XP, then under various Linux distros and now under Mac OS X. It is a wondeful, and VERY powerful email client.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, MacBook Pro
Can't you do it with Mail?

http://www.freeemailtutorials.com/appleMail/emailSignature.cwd (See the Automatically Inserting a Signature section)

Mail will auto-insert a signature, or let you pick from a list. I have a file with several hundred quotes in it, that I want my mail software to randomly pick from, and I need that to happen when I start a new message or reply to one (not invisibly at the end, as the message is being sent).

Thunderbird doesn't support this feature either, as far as I can tell.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
Try Opera, it is a web browser but it is also a mail client, news client, and rss feed reader, irc chat. It also has a handy feature called wand, and it has it's on widget feature.

http://www.opera.com/

What program in windows is doing this for you now??

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, MacBook Pro
Try Opera

What program in windows is doing this for you now??

I'm actually using Opera to read this right now - it's been my main Windows browser for years, and I was very pleased to find that there was a Mac version. But I've never used it for email - my Windows mail software is/was The Bat, an oddly named but very powerful program.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, MacBook Pro
well i was just fooling with it, no luck

I'm still looking around

I don't know, maybe LinuxTaRT - Signature generator could work

The SignatureSwitch 1.4 plugin for Thunderbird comes very close to doing everything I need - the only complaint I have about it is that you have to click a dropdown button on the menu bar to insert a random signature; it can't automatically insert one when a message/reply is created.

http://www.achimonline.de/mozext/signatureswitch_about.php

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.