Move All Info from Old to New PowerBook

R

rustybrick

I just ordered the new powerbook and i want to move all my data (apps, files, etc.) from the old powerbook to the new one.

I normally reinstall all my apps, but I wanna be lazy here

I have retrospect and i am told that if i do a full backup of the old powerbook and then do a restore on the new powerbook, it will work fine.

Does this sound right to you?

OP
S

Shakermaker

rustybrick said:
I just ordered the new powerbook and i want to move all my data (apps, files, etc.) from the old powerbook to the new one.

I normally reinstall all my apps, but I wanna be lazy here

I have retrospect and i am told that if i do a full backup of the old powerbook and then do a restore on the new powerbook, it will work fine.

Does this sound right to you?

If we are talking a move from an OS 9 PB to a new OS X PB, than I would say don't do a full restore. Just move all your apps and docs over that you want. You don't want OS 9 on a new PB anyway! :)

OP
R

rustybrick

Shakermaker said:
If we are talking a move from an OS 9 PB to a new OS X PB, than I would say don't do a full restore. Just move all your apps and docs over that you want. You don't want OS 9 on a new PB anyway! :)

No OS10 to OS10.

I never boot to OS9, i just run classic like once a month or so for old apps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.