• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

very soon !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
hey there,

i am getting my imac on xmas day and cant wait abviously !

are there any tips you can give me, setting up the imac, installing windows (if i dare ! )

so any tips then plz let me know.

it is a 17" imac 2.0 ghz, 160gb hd, 128 ati graphics, wired mouse and keyboard.

cheers

chris tm :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Hey Chris,

Being a member of M-F for an year 2 days, you should be able figure out things by yourself ;)

Congrats! and wish you lot of fun with the new iMac.

Reaction score
My tip is don't spend too much of Christmas Day sitting at your new iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
My tip is throw 50% of what you know about Windows out the window. The problem that I can't help you with is which 50% to throw out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
get quicksilver (you prbably know that.)
install windows on parallels unless you need the full system ram for windows (you probably know that)

other then that, and by being here for over a year you should know

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
Don't bother with installing windows. the people i know who have end up ditching it because they realize they don't need it after a while.

get flip4mac

And use Google, and Apple supports webpage, and search. And use the search hear before double posting topics.

M

MacHeadCase

About Flip4Mac... I visited the website but saw it cost $30US? Unless there's a freebie stripped down version on that site and didn't see it?

M

MacHeadCase

Yeah I noticed that too. Might be an indicator of the market share gain the Mac is making...
icon12.gif

Ok well I'll poke around some more then and I'll find that freebie. Guess it was all pizzaz of the webpage that dazzled me. Or something. :D

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
My tip is don't spend too much of Christmas Day sitting at your new iMac.

lol ya thanks. i will try not too ! and yes it will be hard not too !:bushman:

i didnt think to search but next time i will, thanks for the advice, i will look into flip4mac.

cheers guys will give you an update soon after xmas.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.