Crashed the half of my hard drive??

Reaction score
Hello everybody!
I´m totaly new here and totally new in the mac-clan! Because there are still several programms who don´t run on mac i decided to put windows an my new macbook,too. so i downloaded bootcamp, did everything it told me to (installed it, burned the driver disk etc) and put in the windows cd (it was a safetycopy, as my dad keeps the originals!) and while installing windows on the partition bootcamp made (exact the half of my hard drive, 40gig) it hang-up. nothin worked anymore and i had to reset my macbook. after that everytime i turnd it on there jus was black screen with the underline in the lef corner.......than i tryed to boot from the windows cd again, it worked till the same part where it hang-up before, it hang-up again and again. then i put in the mac os cd and installed everythign new. its working now,BUT i onla have the half of my hard drive levt! I looked it up and actually it realize the other one, but I´m not able to delete it as there is "microsoft basic data" on it. when i try to delet it it says "get Mountain-Point" I´m totally stuck, what can i do to get the other rest of the hard drive again. i think that there are some windows data on it, which might be the reasont hat apple can´t delete it. i have no clou what to do, hope somebody can help me!!
thanks sean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Try running the Boot Camp Assistant, it has the option to restore the drive to one large partition

Reaction score
That's tough.

Well "Apple" not being able to erase Windows data is pretty much bunk
You need some utility that can see and modify disks. Try the Boot Camp assistant or see if Disk Utitilty can see your Drive and wipe it for you.

I can only say, going near Windows howsoever is trouble :) .

Maybe there are Mac alternatives for the software you need? Tell us, we'll help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
Could you please list all the programs you needed to use from Winblows?

I'm keenly interested.

Also, shouldn't Disk Utility or BootCamp be able to 'verify' the Windows drive.
Also run a fix permissions.

What version of Windows are you using. And did you make sure your firmware, and what not were current before you began?
Also if you boot with the OSX CD and run Disk Utility, you should be able to format the entire physical drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
there are probs programs that you use on windows. if not there should be similar programs.

OP
S
Reaction score
firt,thanks for that quick answear! i really apreciate that! i run the bootcamp assistant again and it aorked out!!!! thanks so much!
i´m still so new with mac, but i really want to get used to it. i think i can learn here a lot.the main reasons why i also wanted to run windows are:
my yahoo messenger ( i really want to stay in touch with all ym friends)
steinberg wavelab
partypoker ( i really play a lot poker, actually i got all the money for my macbook from playing poker so i don´t want to quit playing just because i use mac)
winamp (because of shoutcast!)
is there any opportunity to run these programs without having windows on my pc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
Yahoo Messenger is(and has been) available for Mac OSX.

Use ProTools, instead of Steinberg Wavelab. And while it's not as fancy, you might try GarageBand too.

What is a shoutcast? it better not be the peecee vision of podcasting or I'll shoot somebody. Either way look here
SHOUTcast website said:
Download the SHOUTcast DSP Plug-In for Mac OS X, Linux and FreeBSD

partypoker website said:
The PartyPoker.com Anywhere version works with Mac OS X 10 or later, together with Safari 1.0 or later, or Mozilla 1.5 or later. No special settings are required for Mac OS X.

Google use it, just add OSX to whatever you are looking for!

The rumors about software not being available for Macs is largely untrue. Here are some other things you might need.
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47721

OP
S
Reaction score
wow.....what can i say.....THANX...you´re really convoncong me that´s absolutley unnecessary to put windows on mac, too!
i´m really happy i found this forum...

OP
S
Reaction score
what about winamp......i loved winamp but as far as i know it really doesn't exist for mac. is there any other player you could recomend instead of iTunes and quicktime and vlc??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Ghz Macbook Pro, 4GB Ram, 250 GB HD
I'd also recommend using Adium if you run multiple chat clients. It works with AIM, Yahoo, MSN, etc. It's a nice little program for the mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.