Headphones + email (wav?)

Reaction score
Im looking for a new e-mail notification, just wondering if anyone has anything half descent. Not specifying anything, bar 'you've got mail' or any vocals as.

And are mac sound formats .wav?

2nd. just brought some sennheisers HD595

I had the 650's last year but couldn't afford to keep them. Now im back for the lower model. There is difference, but £100 difference. Not in my eyes.

Finally, forum question. Is it possible to get back to 'my posts' like this one, or some post that i replied to as at the moment I have to go through audio > ipod etc.

cheers

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i can help with the forum question.

any thread you start or answer or just want to keep tabs on, you can add as a 'subscription'. just go to thread tools and add subscription.

then you can get to anything you want to keep tabs on from your profile.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
okay, if you go to mail preferences, under the general settings you'll find a drop down for "new mail sound".
under this you'll find add/remove, click it.
in the dialog that opens click "add".
you'll be able to browse for the file you want as your new notification sound.
i was able to add a .wav file i have of the old mac "wild eep" as my notification sound.

so, there you go!

OP
J
Reaction score
cheers for the quick response.

so are macs natural format .wav?

I udnerstand .wavs can work on macs.

sorted the forum problem, cheers.

I was just generally asking if anyone had any others than the standard macs, any links, I know its wild.. but what are forums for?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.