ShapeShifter Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Any ideas why ShapeShifter wouldn't modify certain programs? My VirtueDesktop icon on the menu bar won't change. It is a different color from the rest of my menu bar, and also the options window for it won't change color. It may be the program, or it may be me doing something stupid. Any ideas appreciated.

You can see below that anything tied to that program is unchanged.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I've found that often logging out will solve problems like that. Some icons are fine, but I've discovered that the Growl and Mainmenu icons don't change properly at first. Logging out fixes this for me. It might also be the icon itself. The icons would be (or should be) in .png format, so the areas surrounding the icon would be transparent. I don't use that app, so can't be sure, but if logging out doesn't fix this, then perhaps the icon actually contains the grey pixels as shown?

Hope you get it sorted out :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
QUIT the app that is in the menu bar that wont change themes and that will solve your problem.. I have the same issues with two of my menu bar programs. I have to quit the app and re-open the app for the theme to change.

OP
Jeff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I've logged out a number of times since it has been running, and no go on that. I quit the app and re-opened it to no avail.

Is there any way that I would be able to edit the icon so that it would change with everything else?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.