Got me a new MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
Unfortunately, not without its problems, all down to the fault of UPS.

I originally ordered the MacBook with Office 2004 a couple of weeks ago. Office 2004 came on time, why they couldn't deliver both the same time is beyond me. However, my MacBook didn't come. So I phoned UPS and the lady told me the package will arrive by the next day and if not to ring back. I waited and waited, still no MacBook. UPS then said they may have lost it, and said I might have to wait 6 working days until they carried out a full investigation until they warranted a replacement!! I was quite annoyed by this and decided I would probably get further by speaking to Apple. After speaking to Apple they had a replacement MacBook delivered the next day!

I know it's nearly christmas, but I am still not happy with the way UPS handled the issue. This isn't the first time I have had trouble with UPS either. They couldn't find my house when they delivered my iPod, whereas other couriers find it no trouble at all.

Apart from that minor setback, I now have the MacBook and must say it is fantastic! I am rapidly learning OS X. Some things seem a bit strange at first because I am so used to Windows, but then it seems to make sense and makes me wonder why Windows couldn't be that simple. Another thing I am pleased with is the ease it connects to networks. With my Windows PCs I have had problems before, but with the Mac, it seems to work great with 2 networks I have tried. Hopefully it will connect to the university wireless network with little trouble.

That remote control thing is also really cool how it pops up full screen and you can listen to music and watch movies without having to be at the computer. I am hoping I can use this remote for PowerPoint presentations, this would be very cool. Any ideas on this? Also any tips on security such as Virus Protection and Firewalls will be good, although this may not be so much of an issue as it was on Windows. Is it a cause for concern?

Another fantastic product from Apple.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
good luck with your new macbook!

just let us know if you hit a stumbling block, i'm sure you've seen that there are lots of knowledgable helpful people here.

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
Reaction score
Congrats man. You will not be sorry in the long run. Mac's RULE!
beerbang.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Most likely, your Microsoft Office software arrived separately because it was shipped from a different warehouse. This is very common for most online retailers, not just Apple.

Welcome to the fold!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.