Downloads from APPLE!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
What has been useful from apple.com for downloads that are free I would like to know the application/Download... What you use it for ... and how you rank it compared to other applications if there are some out there and how you rank them in general!...... Thanks in advanced guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
There are all sorts of free goodies out there to be discovered.
Lots of people (including myself) use Adium instead of iChat. No video chating is the downside.
VirtueDesktop is a cool desktop management program.
MenuMeters is cool to see what your RAM and processor and network adapter are doing.
This is only a 30 day trial, but ShapeShifter is REALLY cool, and changes the whole look of the desktop and windows.
DeskTunes shows you what you are listening to in iTunes while embedded in the desktop.

There are plenty more that I am forgetting/don't know about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Link!

This line added to avoid the "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters." error message.

OP
hotskate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
huh? im confused

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry about that. There was some unpleasantness.

OP
hotskate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
What has been useful from apple.com for downloads that are free I would like to know the application/Download... What you use it for ... and how you rank it compared to other applications if there are some out there and how you rank them in general!...... Thanks in advanced guys.

There are thousands of freeware available on Apple.com. Which application is good or bad, depends on your taste and needs. It is difficult to pinpoint on individual Apps. that can be useful unless you mention the purpose it should serve.

OP
hotskate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Novicew thank you all I am trying to do is find what people have used. I am trying to also find out why they like it etc etc...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I often just browse sites like versiontracker.com and macupdate.com
I never really have anything specific in mind, but I've stumbled across some great apps that way. Most of the apps are rated and reviewed so you can find the quality ones you're after pretty easily.

I have to agree with novicew though - we all have different needs and uses for our macs, so something useful to me could be pretty useless to another. Those sites I mentioned above have categories so you can search through apps that apply to what you mainly use your mac for. Also, you can choose to browse by editor faves, so you're only getting the more popular/reliable apps then.

I believe there was a topic which you'd find very useful in the Switchers forum here. *searches for link*
Here we go
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37727

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.