Macbook to Monitor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro Leopard 2.0GB RAM 2.6GHZ Core 2 Duo 250GB HDD
So I have a 13" Macbook, and i have a HP vs17d 17-inch Flat Panel LCD. And i want to connect my macbook to my HP screen so that i could design images using my 17" screen. Now i now i need an adaptor but i don't know whether to buy the mini DVI- VGA or the DVI - DVI?

I want to have THIS SET UP, <---- Image link
My next question is would this work with any LCD Monitor or do i need a specific Screen model, i noticed lots of people use Dell.

Finally, do i just hook up the cable and it should work? or do i need to do some extra stuff like playing with settings?

I am sorry its just, i have never done this with an apple computer. I have done this many time with windows based computer. I have not bought the adapter either.

Thanks alot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Your monitor has VGA input, so you need the miniDVI-VGA. Once you connect it, I would tink it would switch. You might have to go to System Prefs. and change something in the display options, but I'm not 100% on that.

OP
mimi8
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro Leopard 2.0GB RAM 2.6GHZ Core 2 Duo 250GB HDD
Does anyone know where i can buy that same exact one at a cheaper price? Apple is $25.00. It seems like stores gets the models confused...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
Does anyone know where i can buy that same exact one at a cheaper price? Apple is $25.00. It seems like stores gets the models confused...

At the apple store the mini-DVI to VGA adapter is only $19.00. I got mine for 17.50 with a student discount.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.