• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Papa John's Pizza is slow!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Over 2 hours now since I ordered my pizza... the store just said it was on its way 48 minutes ago.

Did my delivery driver die?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I say you tell them to give it to you for free!

Yummm....pizza...:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
yeah.. when the pizza guy gets there say no i am not paying for pizza that is 2 hours late... and then call up the manager with him there to make sure you get it for free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
i thought you might be blaming your slow pizza delivery on OSX :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
this has to be the best "anything goes" topic I have seen yet.. I am tempted to start a "paper or plastic" thread. ;)

seven five one one one one one, seven five one one one one :p

OP
nukemm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I say you tell them to give it to you for free!

Yummm....pizza...:)

yeah.. when the pizza guy gets there say no i am not paying for pizza that is 2 hours late... and then call up the manager with him there to make sure you get it for free.

Unfortunately it was ordered online ==> paid for online ==> no way to not pay... :(

i thought you might be blaming your slow pizza delivery on OSX :)

Hah... quite the opposite. Maybe I was hoping that since OSX has made almost everything else faster (except burning DVD's... that's a whole 'nother issue) that it would make my pizza get here faster. No such luck. 2 hours and 18 minutes for my pizza to go 3 miles. Worst service ever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I like the "Paper or plastic" Thread idea. I work at a grocery store, and plastic is definitely the way to go :) Although it's not as environmentally friendly I guess. I just hate bagging in paper bags. Paper bags are for old people and women that have <5 kids and hate the world.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
paper and plastic.

paper takes more energy to make, but is recyclable and easily biodegradable. and typically i can get out of a store with fewer of them than plastic bags and my groceries don't end up scattered all over the back of my forester.

plastic takes little energy, and i've heard they're recyclable to some extent, though i'm not sure how widespread the ability to recycle plastic bags is. thy're also easily reused for numerous other applications (garbage bags, lunch bags, pooper scoopers, etc). i actually still use the bag i got from the apple store three months ago as a backup tucked away in my messenger bag i take to work (for lunch and/or leftovers to take home).

processes to make both are pretty dirty.

i'm really considering buying a couple/few cloth tote bags for all my shopping.

o.t... i'm trying to lay off pizza. and i used to drive for dominos when i was in college, and i don't think we ever sent something out that was anywhere near an hour late, much less two.
ask them for some coupons on top of the free pizza (preferably to another pizza place, something that actually tastes like pizza.
icon10.gif
)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
With ten years of grocery under my belt. I can say that you can fill paper bags faster and it hold more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
With ten years of grocery under my belt. I can say that you can fill paper bags faster and it hold more.

But you have to see that packaging has changed. Now there are all these weird-shaped items that don't fit well in paper bags. Like those crazy Uncle Ben's instant rice packets. Thise don't go very well in paper bags. Paper bags are good for square things. Plus they cost the store about 100x as much as plastic. I will give it to you that they hold more though.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
it's an art.

kind of like fitting the most dishes in a dishwasher, or packing a trunk or the back of a wagon with the most stuff for a vacation. i could probably fit half my house in 5 paper grocery bags if i really tried.

it's the original tetris.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
maybe he did die?

I ordered pizza from the place about 1 mi. away and they said it would take 45 min. to deliver

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
hasn't it been over 36 hours since the order. Can you claim a missing persons/pizza? Or did it come?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i would have guessed general motors.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i would have guessed general motors.

Yeah, they're always responsable. I might suggest a class action lawsuit followed by a mass recall.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
But you have to see that packaging has changed. Now there are all these weird-shaped items that don't fit well in paper bags. Like those crazy Uncle Ben's instant rice packets. Thise don't go very well in paper bags. Paper bags are good for square things. Plus they cost the store about 100x as much as plastic. I will give it to you that they hold more though.

The odd shapes you use as fillers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Unfortunately it was ordered online ==> paid for online ==> no way to not pay... :(
Well, if you already paid you can always request a refund. If they choose not to refund you, then you can just dispute it with your bank/credit card company.
Either way, you should be getting it for free.
:black:

Reaction score
We bought these to help save the environment. Only problem is that the only time we remember we have them is when we are standing at the checkout watching the person filling plastic bags with our groceries.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.