• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Papa John's Pizza is slow!

OP
nukemm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
But you have to see that packaging has changed. Now there are all these weird-shaped items that don't fit well in paper bags. Like those crazy Uncle Ben's instant rice packets. Thise don't go very well in paper bags. Paper bags are good for square things. Plus they cost the store about 100x as much as plastic. I will give it to you that they hold more though.

I know exactly what you are talking about, I bagged groceries for a few years ('00-'03) and had to deal with funky packaging.

it's an art.

kind of like fitting the most dishes in a dishwasher, or packing a trunk or the back of a wagon with the most stuff for a vacation. i could probably fit half my house in 5 paper grocery bags if i really tried.

it's the original tetris.

True statement. Take it to the next level - put five carts worth of groceries into the back of a Geo Metro. Been there, done that, got the $50 tip :bone:

maybe he did die?

I ordered pizza from the place about 1 mi. away and they said it would take 45 min. to deliver

hasn't it been over 36 hours since the order. Can you claim a missing persons/pizza? Or did it come?

No, it got here last night.

Unfortunately it was ordered online ==> paid for online ==> no way to not pay... :(

Hah... quite the opposite. Maybe I was hoping that since OSX has made almost everything else faster (except burning DVD's... that's a whole 'nother issue) that it would make my pizza get here faster. No such luck. 2 hours and 18 minutes for my pizza to go 3 miles. Worst service ever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I think the butler did it with the knife in the parlor.

Getting back to Papa Johns I refuse to buy from them. Twice I have made large orders (for more than 100 people) pre-paid the day before with a credit card, and both times they never showed up. I called 1/2 hour after the deliver was to be made and I got a lame story about the order being mixed up from the day it was placed to the delivery day, even though they told me they received the order and charged the credit card. Better ingredients may be the case, but better order handling and delivery would be nice to. Anyway, I told the manager/owner after the 2nd time I would take my business elseware after I called corporate. Corporate's reply was, "each Papa Johns is independently owned and operated blah, blah, blah." So I hung up....bye Papa John.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
maybe he did die?

I ordered pizza from the place about 1 mi. away and they said it would take 45 min. to deliver

45 minutes is about the shortest time I tell anyone. By the time they get to making the pizza and I get everything together and out the door 40 minutes have usually gone by. Whether you're a block away or a mile away, it still takes time to make the pizza. :)

OP
nukemm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think the butler did it with the knife in the parlor.

Getting back to Papa Johns I refuse to buy from them. Twice I have made large orders (for more than 100 people) pre-paid the day before with a credit card, and both times they never showed up. I called 1/2 hour after the deliver was to be made and I got a lame story about the order being mixed up from the day it was placed to the delivery day, even though they told me they received the order and charged the credit card. Better ingredients may be the case, but better order handling and delivery would be nice to. Anyway, I told the manager/owner after the 2nd time I would take my business elseware after I called corporate. Corporate's reply was, "each Papa Johns is independently owned and operated blah, blah, blah." So I hung up....bye Papa John.

Wow. My little complaint to Papa John's got me a personal email from the corporate marketing director and 3 free meals from the Silverdale store for their inconsideration. I think they have won my business (at least here) for this kind of sincerity. Heck, if they're ridiculously late, it's still free... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
Wow. My little complaint to Papa John's got me a personal email from the corporate marketing director and 3 free meals from the Silverdale store for their inconsideration. I think they have won my business (at least here) for this kind of sincerity. Heck, if they're ridiculously late, it's still free... :)

wow good for them!!! and even better for you!!!

i actually operated a pizza place once and the funniest thing to do was to monitor the caller id when they called up...."how long for delivery?" "hour and fifteen" "that long, thank you...*click*"

5 minutes later....

"hi i'd like to order a pizza for delivery" me: "didnt you jsut call a few minutes ago?" "Yea, the other place said 2 hours"

a good pizza place should make your pizza completely to order from stretching dough to the final touches....so once your order is placed it might take about 10-25 minutes to get to make, 1-2 minutes to stretch dough sauce cheese and top, and then 5-12 minutes in the oven (depending on the oven)...so lets see (10 or 25)+2+8=20-35 mintues and then that leaves to go on a delivery probably to the wrong side of your town and thenn back to you

oh and always pick up your pizza, you can usually pick it up in 20 minutes

-chris

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well, i can tell you, when i worked for dominos in the 30 minutes or less era (1987-89) - almost all of the time we got it there on time. so it can be done.

there are concessions you have to make...
assembly line construction using dough that comes in pre-measured blobs.
extrememly hot and fast conveyer belt ovens.
drivers that are no more than robots (speeding, dangerous robots)
and a small-ish delivery area.

Reaction score
sorry to hear that man. papa john's here in china is anything but slow, and not only that, but they are almost "fine dining". check out the photo gallery from their one year anniversary in china, in which i was the photographer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Over here you can order online and have it delivered to your door and pay it then...

OP
nukemm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Tomorrow I'll be trying out the service for my free pizza. :)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
if you want to eat around dinner time tomorrow, try putting in the order now.

:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
funniest thread ever!

OP
nukemm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
if you want to eat around dinner time tomorrow, try putting in the order now.

:p

Right now I'd be laughing, but I think you're right. I think I'll call in the order around 5:00PM instead of 7:30. Maybe I'll catch the front of the rush, or at least get a delivery driver that doesn't get lost 2 miles from the store!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.