How to play .WMV files on MAC.OSX ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
what is "ppc"?

and flip4mac is "pay only" ?are there any free alternatives

ppc stands for powerPC, the older processors in Mac, G5 G4 G3 and so on...

I thought that flip4 mac was free, but if it does cost money, i dont know how much, but if your just trying to convert video you have previously saved on your hard drive, then you could use visualhub to convert them, another program that costs money but could be cheaper than flip4mac, but this option will not have any browser or on the fly conversion like flip4mac would. HTH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
i feel like an idiot. I dont know why i said its for ppc. I have the intel version and its been out longer than I've had this mac. wow

OP
M
Reaction score
Question on VLC. Stumbled upon this thread because unable to play .wmv on Dual Intel MacBook pro. Do have VLC. Opens and plays, but no sound. Verified not on MUTE. Critical beeps are audible. Had to force quit as well.

Questions:

1. How do I get sound to work?

2. Why did I have to force quit?

Thank you

i have the same problems :(

OP
M
Reaction score
oh and how come no one mentioned using Windows Media Player 9 for MAC osx????

from windows site:

"Sporting a new brushed steel skin for Apple's newest operating system, this new version of our player opens the world of Windows Media 9 content to Macintosh users."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
oh and how come no one mentioned using Windows Media Player 9 for MAC osx????

from windows site:

"Sporting a new brushed steel skin for Apple's newest operating system, this new version of our player opens the world of Windows Media 9 content to Macintosh users."

it hasent been updated in a very long time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.