ical and google calendar

Reaction score
at work we use google calendar for everything. but for some reason, everytime i try to sync ical with my google calendar, it tells me that the link i put in (direct from google) is invalid.

anyone else having this problem? i'm thinking something is messed up on the google side or something, but i just wanted to check and see if this has happened to anyone else before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
Ok, so I've been fooling with it. And it's easy to subscribe to it.
Just follow these instructions.

http://www.tuaw.com/2006/04/13/howto-subscribe-to-a-google-calendar-using-ical/

However you can't publish it as far as I've found. But you can publish to another site, or webdav server. And then use the "add calendar" function in google calendar to kinda subscribe to where ever you publish it to.

I'm still working on it though, I would like this to work as well. It might be handy.

OP
M
Reaction score
hmmmm, i went through that tutorial, yet next to my work calendar, there is no "share this calendar" link. but it does give me the link for subscribing to my gCal with iCal. yet, when i past that into teh subscribe feild in iCal, i get this:

No calendar was found on http://www.google.com/calendar/[email protected]/public/basic.ics. Please check the URL.

huh? jeeez, this has been driving me nuts!

EDIT: when i click on the link i posted, i get a "feed error message." any clues?

btw, mucho thanks for yout help man.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
well mine worked for subscription. I'll probably work more on being able to publish back to it tomorrow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.