Thinking of adding DVD slot load...

Reaction score
I like to watch video on my ibook and thus far I've been limited to vcd, which is somewhat choppy at times, and mpg/avi/divx, which is wicked choppy; I was thinking of upgrading my cd drive to dvd. What do you guys think about the playback quality? Is it worth it? I found one for about $100.

OP
G
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions about this? I'm just worried about getting it and it not have good playback for DVDs. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4; 1.07 GHz; 512 MB; Radeon 9200; 40 GB HDD
even if you have a dvd player it'll still probably be choppy how much ram do you have? If you upgrade your ram your videos will run MUCH smoother

Reaction score
128 Ram

I added a DVD player to mine and the quality was astonding. I recommend adding it and I was only running 128MB of Ram

OP
G
Reaction score
I upgraded the RAM to max, dropped in the 512.

So, that good huh? Great to hear. I need to give it a go. Its really the only thing missing on the box that would make it perfect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3|800Mhz|256MB Ram|ComboDrive|30GB HD|
its very easy to add ram. Very simple under the keyboard installation! :)

OP
G
Reaction score
I've already added the RAM, it was a slice of pie. I was hoping the drive was going to be just as easy and not mental like a HD slot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.