Get more for OSX! Tell then what you want...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
Get more for OSX! Tell them what you want...

I've noticed that there are quite a few people who miss features that they liked in Windows. However I've also seen that many of these are 3rd party programs. Like Yahoo messenger, MSN.

I'm sure there are non-messenger programs that people want in OSX.

My advice, write to the developers, and tell them that you want equal features in your Mac version. The more people say something, the more likely it is to happen.

Perhaps we could start a list of programs, their developers, and contact info for them so that new people know where to go.

here is a link for Yahoo Feedback

There is the MSN Feedback

Note: Allot of features and instruction in OSX can be found here at the Apple Support website.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
A great idea, but I think messaging is the one area that has the most options for the Mac: Adium, for starters.

#1 on my list is a Universal-Binary OSX version of Adobe Audition. (Soundbooth ain't it.) I've already nagged Adobe about it. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Right now I'm pretty content. All I want is to be able to auto-hide the meny bar at the top, thumbnail view for my pics and videos in Finder, and an End key on my MBP

Since I'm sure there's a keyboard combination for End, A book or website showing every possible keyboard combination would help.

OP
Ice Cream Man
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
Ok, so there has to be more? I would think

OP
Ice Cream Man
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Use ProTools, instead of Steinberg Wavelab. And while it's not as fancy, you might try GarageBand too.

SHOUTcast here
SHOUTcast website said:
Download the SHOUTcast DSP Plug-In for Mac OS X, Linux and FreeBSD

PartyPoker
partypoker website said:
The PartyPoker.com Anywhere version works with Mac OS X 10 or later, together with Safari 1.0 or later, or Mozilla 1.5 or later. No special settings are required for Mac OS X.

Fixing hardware problems yourself.
http://www.ifixit.com/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
Right now I'm pretty content. All I want is to be able to auto-hide the meny bar at the top, thumbnail view for my pics and videos in Finder, and an End key on my MBP

Since I'm sure there's a keyboard combination for End, A book or website showing every possible keyboard combination would help.

Dude, just heard about this. Won't hide it but it blacks it out.

http://www.nullriver.com/index/products/

Called menushade and it's free.

bone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I would think that if someone wanted a Windows feature, then they are probably better off using Windows.
A person can either use Windows or use Mac, and each system has its own benefits and shortcomeings. So, you either use one or the other, but you just can't have it both ways with one operating system.
There is no sense in trying to make Mac OS look, feel, work and act just like Windows just as there is no logic in trying to make Windows look, feel, work and act like Mac OS.
I have noticed that many people want to "convert" Windows users to Mac and they preach the 'good word' to all that will hear it...but think about it...if both of the operating systems work the same, then there is really no incentive or reason for anyone to change.
The operating systems are different, and different for a reason. One can either get used to the change and embrace it, or they can dismiss it and use a multitude of crutches to get along and never really learn the true benefits of using something different.
:black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.