Sleep/Wake Up Issues

N

Nic M

Recently started using Ext Monitor, B/Tooth mouse & keyboard, (I thoroughly recommend the Formac 20" Display, great value for under £300).

If I leave MacBook connected to monitor and select sleep mode from the Apple icon, it wakes again when clicking either(b/tooth) device, when it remains connected to the ext monitor. But when I open the lid or physically disconnect the monitor I get no output on the MacBook display and the small white LED goes off. And when I close the lid again it's supposed to go into Sleep mode and therefore the ext monitor should go off.

When I connect back to the ext monitor, everything is fine, the white LED on the MacBook stays on but I still get nothing on the actual MacBook display but the trackpad/keyboard is responding.

It's like the machine is in Sleep/Hibernation Mode but yet its still working? Any ideas please?

Cheers
Nic

PS I have installed the latest firmware update.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.