Wrong date warning at startup

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.25 mirror front
I have G4 with dual 1.25 processors about 4-5 yrs old I believe, just recently when I start it a box pops up that says the date is set incorrectly and it may cause problems, sorry I dont remember the exact wording, but I check the date a ttime and its correct. is this possably a trojan horse? If I need to I will write the exact phrase down when it does it again, seems to do it pretty regularly, the computer seems to bebehaving pretty good other than that
thanks for looking and hope some one can figure it out
thanks
Dennis

M

MacHeadCase

DOH! Forgot to link you to the manual... Look in the Power Mac G4 section here and choose your model, according to the stats I linked you to in my post above. You should get instructions on where to find the PRAM battery in there.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.25 mirror front
DOH! Forgot to link you to the manual... Look in the Power Mac G4 section here and choose your model, according to the stats I linked you to in my post above. You should get instructions on where to find the PRAM battery in there.

Thanks for all of the answers and links, I ordered 2 batteries today, I have a similar mac at home so I will replace both or keep it till the other one goes dead. My local Mac dealer wanted 19.95 each for the batterys, good thing I didnt go there first

Well Thanks again
Dennis

M

MacHeadCase

Good thing indeed.
icon7.gif

No problem. Glad I could help.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.25 mirror front
PRam it was ordered 2 and put one in very easy, thanks so much for the help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.