Garage Band just shutting down?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24inch iMac
Hello there:

Why do you think my Garage Band just shuts down? I don't have memory issues. It's just a simple song with one track...not like I'm overloading it. I have iTunes open and Mozilla Mail--that's it as far as memory.

Any ideas why this is, or how I can fix it? THanks so much in advance!
Bob

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
try deleteing the com.apple.garageband.plist file. it can be found in user>library>preferences

M

MacHeadCase

That is good advice to delete the preference file in case it is corrupted.

Just a thought: do you have the latest version of GarageBand? I think they released an update a couple of months ago but am not sure. One way to find out if it is the latest, fire up GarageBand and under GarageBand in the menubar you will find Check for updates... in the dropdown menu.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24inch iMac
Thanks for the advice imacmatt! I will do that.
MadHeadCase--I do have the latest version... :) I just bought this in early November and it went through and updated itself! As if a PC would do that!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
preference list.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.