iMovie vs Windows Movie Maker 2

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could tell me the pros and cons of each of these programs. I know it's probably stupid for me to ask this on a Mac forum, but you guys seem to be pretty fair and open minded.

I need to make a basic movie for Christmas (pictures to music) and I don't have any experience with either program. I use Windows and OS X pretty evenly, so either program wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
imovie is way more powerful than windows movie maker. its pretty good for included software. not the best but good

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
like said, its much to comparing apples to oranges...The way i see it though is that you should choose the one that runs on the faster computer. I hate sitting around waiting for my mac to do something, if i had a faster pc, then i would do the work on that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo
I used iMovie for the first time this weekend, and IMHO it's easier to use and seems more powerful than Windows Movie Maker.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I use the pro apps, but from what I see being made in imovie I will say you can do alot with it that you can not do in winows movie maker (ken burns effect is one of them, and is great for pictures to music). The only time I have used windows is in school, but just as a record to disc method in a class that was not based on tv in any way (oral comm). So from what I have seen an expeirenced, imovie is the better program. But like stated above its the difference between running imovie on a g3 and windows movie maker on the top of the line pc out there with everything in it.. then go with windows movie maker.

Reaction score
RE: iMovie vs Windows Movie Maker 2 Reply to Thread

I'm still using iMovie '09 and as far as I can tell, the one thing I can't do on it that I can do in WMM is add any kind of text to help tell a story. My version of iMovie only lets you add titles and credits, but no type of text box for stories, messages, etc..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.