• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Warranty Issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0 GHz CD, 20" iMac 2.16 C2D, Blackbook 2.16 GHz C2D
Hello everybody,

This is my first post at this site and perhaps in the future I will make more. I just couldn't help but be a little disturbed by the fact that people are encouraging blatant fraud in regards to Apple's warranty. The reason I say this is that I reside in Poland and have a MBP that has a broken keyboard and have been waiting over 6 weeks to have it replaced.

Many of the parts for a Mac come from other countries (such as the UK) and when your dog eats your remote and you abuse the repair system by tying up the phones and whining about things that you know aren't true, that people like me wait and wait for weeks. I understand that nobody wants to pay for silly mistakes which have occurred but this is unfair to people such as myself in smaller markets where parts are hard to come by and I wait because you won't spend 25 quid or whatever it is for something that you know isn't Apples fault.

More over posts pertaining to that which is illegal are supposed to be forbidden on this site and what has been suggested constitutes fraud. Your dog ate it and your roommate might be stupid, but at the end of the day your dog is what destroyed it and I would appreciate it if you would just take ownership of your dog so that people like myself in lesser markets could actually get through to Apple on the phone and get the service we need for legitimate problems.

Ryan

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I forgot to add in my previous post that the reason my MBP keyboard is not working is that I spilled wine on it. I was offered service at the store (not an Apple store, we don't have one) I bought it from for them to send it in for me. I didn't want that because I thought just saying what I did might help them fix it and expedite the repair process. That was six weeks ago a new keyboard here is $60 and i thought that was relatively painless.

It isn't here yet and the phones are always busy and seldom do they answer them. There is no parts factory here and everything does flow from somewhere else. I have little I can do about this and it is frustrating obviously. I wish i could just get a new keyboard but there is nothing I can do about such things. I wish it was just a remote, I could live without it.

All I am asking i suppose is that other people don't make unreasonable requests and waste time for sales staff and repair personal so that others that aren't fortunate enough to have a repair center around might be able to get a keyboard or remote in less than 2 or 3 months.

thanks for listening,

Ryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook white, 2.0 ghz core duo, 2gb ram, 160gb hd, superdrive
Well said Ryan... I couldn't agree with you more.

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome here, ryanwarsaw. I hope you enjoy your stay.

I do hope you get your MacBook Pro back soon. Did you send the MBP in to Apple or is it sitting in a shop waiting for the replacement part?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for welcoming me.

I went up to the Apple place today (it is an authorized resale point and has the official Apple service although it isn't actually Apple) and picked up the Imac 20" i had ordered.

The guy at the service desk assured me my MBP keyboard will be ready Friday
and he would make sure I didn't wait when I go there on Friday. (as I can't get anybody on the phone it will be my third trip) Ordering the Imac online also took well over 2 weeks and was a fiasco but I am glad I have it. As i said I went to pick it up in person and used it as an excuse to check on my MBP progress.

So it is going to be a Mac filled OS X-mas at my house and I am content. I really think that I should tell the people at Apple about the communist goon squad they have running their business over here though. It makes me think of long bread lines and no bread. I don't think Apple HQ has any idea of who they are giving service monopolies to over here. Anybody else from other minor market locations have good or bad experiences?

If this thread looks sort of disjointed it was part of a larger thread which has pieces missing. Originally it was a response to something which has been deleted.

Ryan

M

MacHeadCase

Very happy for you this is finally getting solved and what a Xmas you will be having! w00t!!!

I'm sure you can email Apple for feedback. Maybe someone here has a link or something?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks and I wish the best to you and yours

Ryan

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I will actually call in person and if a link is provided thats great but I think they deserve to hear a voice rather than a reciprocal transfer of cyber packets.

Ryan

M

MacHeadCase

Thanks and I wish the best to you and yours

Ryan

I wish you the best, as well. Cheers!

I will actually call in person and if a link is provided thats great but I think they deserve to hear a voice rather than a reciprocal transfer of cyber packets.

Ryan

Hopefully you'll be able to get a line this time! Maybe after Xmas it will be quieter and easier to actually reach someone! Good luck with this! :girl:

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmmmm Maybe the person on the other end of the phone is a Polish version of your avatar? LOL

M

MacHeadCase

hmmmm Maybe the person on the other end of the phone is a Polish version of your avatar? LOL

AHHAHAHA
icon10.gif

You think?

Nah, that's Ernestine and she's straight from the 1950-60's. Apple didn't exist back then.
icon12.gif

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
God help me but it seems there is a link to your blog. You may have invited trouble.

Ryan

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am too lazy to register at this point but that coastal pic is great. It seems I have hijacked my own thread anybody have any comments about Apple service?

Ryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
More over posts pertaining to that which is illegal are supposed to be forbidden on this site and what has been suggested constitutes fraud.

We do not allow discussion of fraud here. However, there are thousands of posts a day and only a handful of mods, we can't read all posts. If you notice an inappropriate post, please use the "Report this post" feature.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We do not allow discussion of fraud here. However, there are thousands of posts a day and only a handful of mods, we can't read all posts. If you notice an inappropriate post, please use the "Report this post" feature.

Hi Schweb,

I should have just done that in the first place maybe. Now I know the procedure and will just do that.

Thanks for the info

Ryan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.